Balicasag with only OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't aware of that... it seems a little bit "un-PADI-like"? So a student could do 5x 'adventure dives'... not requiring a manual? And then be qualified to apply directly to PADI for AOW certification? Doesn't sound right...?
I checked into this option for my wife as sometimes she lioves diving and other times not so much. I figured she could do her aow slowly. It can be done by doing five separate specialties, but it will require more dives. In aow course you do one dive per specialty, but if doing it separately, each specialty is 2 or 3 dives, but you can combine nitrox along with another, killing two birds with one stone. This is because the nitrox course can technically be completed without diving as it is all pre dive

Hike - it can be done by doing 5 separate dives from the AOW and no need for the specialty. You can do 5 dives over 5 years on 5 continents if you like. Each dive should be logged and signed by the instructor and the PADI and the student gets a special PADI Log sheet. Its is modular. After the 5th dive she can apply for AOW and obviously a manual will have to be purchased by then based on regional requirements. If she does 5 specialties she will be a Master Scuba Diver, higher then AOW.

Back
Top Bottom