BALI - some questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S,
What is your opinion of staying in Sanur and taking the long day trips out to the good dive sites. If i am going with a non diver is this is a good thing to do, or is it not even worth it?

IMHO, that's not worthed. Cause, there nothing for non diver to see along the dive sites. You will better of doing the Safari Dive, hop from one place to another place. For non-diver, you can always book the a day spa while you diving. Or, enjoy some art course. When you are there, talk to the dive operator. If you are in Sanur, let me know, I can recommend you one of my friend dive operator.

Cheers,
S-

I dont quite follow. If my nondiving girlfriend woudl stay in Sanur, while i took the trips, is it bad to take the long trips? This way I dive, and she gets the topside stuff that doesnt exisit in the diving areas? Or do I have to stay at the dive sites where my girlfriend would be bored?

If you dont; mind to split-up the best place to stay is either Ubud or Kuta. She can pretty much can occupy herself with lots of stuff. If she just stays in Sanur, it's almost the same with staying with you at the dive sites. There are not many things to do in Sanur area. Unless you do have transportation.

Hope this helps.

are their dive centers that will pick me up in Ubud? so she can spend the day doing what she wants while im out diving. The plan is for her to be doing stuff while I go on the trips.

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

Yes, there are many. If you can find one, please let me know I can recommend one of my buddy's dive center. PM me if you need info.

Cheers,
S-

Has anyone dove with White Sand Divers in the Amed area in Bali....if so...do you recommend them?

In Bali you can stay at the main tourist area such as Ubud, Nusa Dua, Kuta, Benoa, Sanur and Jimbaran - and the DS will pick you up and drop you every day (add cost may apply) - might not be a problem to spend 3 - 6 hours (depend on the dive site) on the road for 1 - 2 days - but not very convenience for longer period.
Which area is better ? difficult to say - some people hate Kuta, in fact more fully booked rooms in Kuta than other location. Myself love Sanur - but my wife always prefer Nusa Dua or Benoa. Everybody has their own preference. Other thing in Bali - the ***** hotel not always more expensive than small hotel - pls look for their special package. You can enjoy Bali with $10 a day or spend $1000 a night - you choose.

Wisnu:
In Bali you can stay at the main tourist area such as Ubud, Nusa Dua, Kuta, Benoa, Sanur and Jimbaran - and the DS will pick you up and drop you every day (add cost may apply) - might not be a problem to spend 3 - 6 hours (depend on the dive site) on the road for 1 - 2 days - but not very convenience for longer period.
Which area is better ? difficult to say - some people hate Kuta, in fact more fully booked rooms in Kuta than other location. Myself love Sanur - but my wife always prefer Nusa Dua or Benoa. Everybody has their own preference. Other thing in Bali - the ***** hotel not always more expensive than small hotel - pls look for their special package. You can enjoy Bali with $10 a day or spend $1000 a night - you choose.

I'm staying in Amed and looking for a dive op in that area as it is too far for Aqua Marine to pick me up daily as they are in Kuta....Any suggestion for a dive op in Amed?...I've head White Sand is good?

Travel, we stayed at Tulamben when diving Amed; less than half hour by car. For lunch, we stopped at Hotel Uyah / Amed Dive centre - the hotel is small but clean and tidy - seem they have good dive operation - at least I could see their guess look happy. Please note - we never dive with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom