Bali recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am thinking of stopping in Bali on my way to East Timor. I am probably going to do 2 or 3 days of diving and spending 3 or 4 nites. What do you recommend 2 or 3 days of diving?

Can anyone recommend a good dive operator?

Can the dive operator put together the hotel or suggestions for a Hotel?

Is it worthwhile to take a day tour of the Island on the no dive day?

Any info is appreciated.

Another exotic trip! Wow, I'll carry your bags... as long as it isn't back to Catalina! Have a good time and give us a report.

Travelnsj:
I am thinking of stopping in Bali on my way to East Timor. I am probably going to do 2 or 3 days of diving and spending 3 or 4 nites. What do you recommend 2 or 3 days of diving?
Can anyone recommend a good dive operator?
Can the dive operator put together the hotel or suggestions for a Hotel?
Is it worthwhile to take a day tour of the Island on the no dive day?
Any info is appreciated.

hi Travelnsj,

bali is one of my favorite diving destinations, and i have been there more than ten times.

roughly speaking, the southern part is for tourists, and the eastern and northern areas are for divers. wreck in tulamben and drift near nusa penida are typical diving style in the east. what i recommend most in the north are dolphin diving in lovina and, of course, coral view in menjangan. it's absolutely stunning!

as for a diving OP, i recommend SOUTHERN DREAMS DIVING SERVICE run by takashi enomoto. his address is B15, Nusadua Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia, and the fax+62-(0)361-77-8490. the email address is info@dives.jp. he's been in bali more than TEN years and is fun to work with and very knowledgeable in diving.

you are asking about hotels? it's very hard to recommend A good hotel because there are so many in each budget category. examples of a good choice in the reasonable budget range (USD 100-200) i have are: puri bagus in lovina, mimpi resort in menjangan, serai in mangis (near candhi dasa).

enjoy your holidays,

ken chung ar

Thanks all for the the information.

Has anyone heard of Aquamarine Diving? Being I am probably be there for only 2 days of diving I will probably do Nusa Penida.....If I do have the time I will try to get up to Tulambea.

DrBill....Yes come with me....you know I will not dive those cold waters in Catalina....maybe we can find a job in Bali or Timor!

Keep posting info for me.... thanks everyone.

Travelnsj:
DrBill....maybe we can find a job in Bali or Timor!

Gulp... a job? Surely you jest. Why in the world would we want to actually indulge in W-O-R-K? Oh, yeah, I forgot... a paycheck, a "celery." I'd forgotten.

I have used Aquamarine twice and would use them again.

Hi Travelnsj,
3 or 4 nights is a very short pitstop in Bali.
Like said before, a trip around the island of 1 day will show you only small part.
Depending on how busy you want to be during your visit of Bali I would suggest 3 days of diving, visit Nusa Penida, Tulamben and Menjangan.

A Good diveoperator for your stay could be BIDP (Bali International Diving Professionals). They can also arrange Hotel for you and pick you up in the airport when you arrive. You can contact them at: info@bidp-balidiving.com and check their website: http://www.bidp-balidiving.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom