Bali March 8-17. Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You probably know this place : when you go diving Seraya/Batu Niti area, there's a warung on the Gunung Agung side of the road where we like to eat lunch together my guide and I : there's a carton board saying "Sate Gurita" they serve octopus sate as well as an incredible octopus soup which is really delish.
Otherwise there's another warung, on the seaside of the road almost opposite of the gurita warung where they serve a great bakso.
Octopus are friends, not food

Octopus are friends, not food
Sorry : to each is own but I dont buy that, as I am not religious. Same logical mistake for me as pretending photography is truth. :)
My guide is my friend, the fishermen.can be my friends, japanese people too. OTOH beer, sugar and bacon fat are not my friends though I don't eat nor swallow them, just because they taste bad and give poor health.
Hence friend or foe has nothing to do with food you eat.

Yes, but I don't eat octopus, never and not interested to try. Don't know why.
Bakso in Bali, even the best one is inferior by Indonesian standard. Too much tapioca, and often they mix beef with pork. I dont eat pork.

Our other favorite is in seraya dive site, on the left you'll find small Warung selling snacks, drink and instant noodles.
Some time, depend on the catch of the day, the lady offer very tasty Balinese style grilled fish for Rp. 40k, very generous portion including rice and sambal. Very fresh fish, could be tuna, mahi-mahi or snapper, not always available though.
We had that in Kuanji : a whole grilled rainbow runner for two. her fisherman husband just came out of his jukung with a set of fish including a 1,2 meters large mahi-mahi that was immediately preempted by a restaurant or a hotel.

And btw I dont think they like mixing beef in that part of Bali, I guess it's more like plain pork :) I find this is the perfect dive lunch, some noodles, veggies, a bit of proteins with the meat balls and plenty of soup. Much better than rice plates for me, i feel too loaded for the afternoon dives.

Wow! This is been a funny post to read. Now I have another question... Because of a work situation I'm going to add another ten days, this time in the Philippines as I have a couple friends that are going to be there. Looking around and reading other information. Going to spend a couple days on Cebu then over to Palawan in the Puerto Princesa area for 3 or 4 days and then Malapascua for another three days or so.
Sound like a reasonable first trip to the area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom