Bali in June/July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not try to use the dive resort whose location is easy to reach almost all dive sites. Try to get information about the dive resorts on Padangbai or Candidasa area. From this area Tulamben just one hour and fifteen minutes, Nusa Penida 30 minutes, and other locations are also not far away. Unless you want out west like Menjangan island. You do not need to change instead of hotels and has been covering almost all dive sites in Bali.

Why not try to use the dive resort whose location is easy to reach almost all dive sites. Try to get information about the dive resorts on Padangbai or Candidasa area. From this area Tulamben just one hour and fifteen minutes, Nusa Penida 30 minutes, and other locations are also not far away. Unless you want out west like Menjangan island. You do not need to change instead of hotels and has been covering almost all dive sites in Bali.

Any reccomendation on a dive centre and accomodation in Padangbai?
It will be fine with me as long as it is clean.

Any reccomendation on a dive centre and accomodation in Padangbai? It will be fine with me as long as it is clean.

Padangbai is a nice beachside town with a port over to the Gillis, a good blend of tourist/local, plenty of seafood, dive shops and accommodations. You can stay with one of the dive shops who will most likely solicit you in this thread, show up as an independent traveler and decide which shop feels right or mix up shops to dive the sites you want each day.

If you choose to be independent and don’t need a resort, you will probably do better searching for accommodations through the Lonely Planet travel guide book, than through advice on this board. Many dive shops run mini busses up to Tulamben – these dives cost much more than just staying in Tulamben and doing local shore dives. You can also dive Manta Point, and there are many sites around Padangbai.

Padangbai has many tourists amenities and is a good central point. You can catch a prepaid airport taxi direct to Pandabai. Just arrange at the airport when you arrive.

Feel free to PM me for specifics about Bali as I’ve spend many months diving there.

Have fun!

we stayed at Puri rai hotel at padang bai - large and beautiful garden, lot of sculptures, 3 pools, very reasonable price, $50 for ac room.
we dive with gekko dive - no complain.
if you have strong belly - and you taste jalapeno is sweet, try taliwang chicken restaurant at the main road - the best fried/grilled chicken in the world.

The drive can take a lot of time, last May the was road was under construction which increased the time. My guess is the road is still under construction.

Still under construction last November, and looked like many months more before completion. Definitely a slow, bumpy drive.

Most of the dive sites around Padang Bai have strong currents with the exception being Blue Lagoon.

Traffic is the only downside to Bali for me. It is harrowing. The less time you spend driving to dive sites, the better your vacation will be. I would suggest staying closer to Tulamben or Amed.
Padang Bai offers more restaurants, but IMO it isn't a very appealing village.

Any reccomendation on a dive centre and accomodation in Padangbai?
It will be fine with me as long as it is clean.

We are a 22 roomed purpose built dive resort set in Padang Bai, email for more information or a tailormade dive itinerary using the websites in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom