Bali in december, yes or no?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Bali in early December 2023. Previous posters are correct, we typically had morning sun and afternoon rains. Also note that the coast tends to be drier than inland because clouds gather around the high peaks in the interior.
And with rain you can still dive. It is wind that can be a problem. But also then, it are shoredives in Tulamben we do. As I could do shoredives on the northcoast on Bonaire, I can do all difficult entries from shore, haha.

We also have 2 dives in Amed in the package.
And: 2 dives in Kubu (BOGA WRECK) or 2 dives Kwanji / Emerald.
But some say the boga wreck is boring. So what is then the best? Boga or Kwanji? Normally I prefer wrecks. But we have also 6 days unlimited diving on the Liberty, dropoff and another side in Tulamben booked.

Thanks for the response above. The two most important questions - Viz and water temps good in October?

Viz and water temps good in October?
Normally excellent weather and flat seas in october, viz should be good although 10 days ago I found temperature was colder than usual in the 26-27C range on Tulamben sites, quite windy with bigger waves as well.
It seems from reports I read here and there that this year the water is colder almost everywhere in Indo, the good thing is that it brings more animals.

So what is then the best? Boga or Kwanji?
Two completely different dives : Kuanji is typically black sand diving with macrocritters (sometimes mototi octopus). On the other hand I agree that the Boga wreck is not that interesting because it hasn't been colonized enough by corals for the moment, the coral garden site next to it is quite good though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom