Bali Dive ops / Liveaboards in june? Prices, who to look at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and the long list of dive center advertizings starts here. :D

Well, I DID kinda ask for it, didnt I :wink:

Beyond the price issue, I think it would be a pity to dive Bali on a Liveaboard. It would equate to missing the land atmosphere and the warmth of locals. If you stay in a village for a few days, you will feel like you have lots of new friends.
I'm also not a big fan of packing/unpacking everyday so I'd rather go to a destination, stay there for a few days while diving with a local operator then move on to the next location. It does come down to personal taste though at the end of the day...
Luko: I hope this was not too advertisy for you!

Luko: I hope this was not too advertisy for you!
Nope, anyway there's been a couple of posts above (incl. mine) endorsing your services, Cedric.

Not my thread but what I really hate is when an operation comes in saying they got exactly what the poster needs, like if it were the only response to the question the OP asked. Especially as I had laughable quotes a few years ago from this operation re- a "customized" dive I wanted to do... :D

Is that when you were asking for the rhinopia guarantee? Still have one or two brown ones at the jetty. Hope to get the cam there sometimes...
Nope, a few years back I was asking for PJ to one of these operations and sent back a GBR or South California kind of quote... except that was in Bali.

Good chances to see me back in August, I won 9 days diving in Alor in a photo contest, so I'll be starting with Bali.
Probably focused on gili Mimpang and Tepekong this time, + of course the jetty :wink:.

We just returned from Bali, two weeks of diving (20 dives each with Nitrox (40 dives!) 12 nights at one of the nicer hotels and meals/beer/transport from airport etc... $2,620.61 (to be exact) Wow!! This place blows the Caribbean out of the water, the diving is that much better and the prices!!! You only have to figure in dinner costs, the hotel provided breakfast and our dive operator provided lunch. Eating Indonesian meals didn't run us over $8.00 for a fancy meal. Most were in the $4.00 range. Staying in Padangbai will allow you plenty go time to see things even if you dive 3 x day. Everything is that close. If you arrange to travel to further dive sites, the drivers can stop for photo ops and to see monkeys etc. Have fun and you and your wife will have lots to do.

Three years ago Bali International Diving Professionals organized a circumnavigation of Bali for me---diving some of the best sites along the way. It was wonderful. Can't say enough good things about those folks. Very fair price. We started with a few days mola diving at Lembongan,then muck diving at Secret Bay and PJ, walls of Menjangan, then some dives near Tulamben( including a wreck dive where we were the first divers on the Liberty-- sublime. We had our own driver and dive guide--- so our luggage was always safe and Sudi would have hot Nasi Goreng after every second dive--- wonderful professionals. ... and Indonesian owned. Would definitely dive with then again

Nitrox (40 dives!) 12 nights at one of the nicer hotels and meals/beer/transport from airport etc... $2,620.61 (to be exact) Wow!!
Bear here: mind me if add that you just didn't have beer, you had A LOT of beer. Mind you I did as well!
Kinda miss you guys this end of the world. Hope to see you again soon. Get that winning lottery ticket now, will you!

Bear here: mind me if add that you just didn't have beer, you had A LOT of beer. Mind you I did as well!
Kinda miss you guys this end of the world. Hope to see you again soon. Get that winning lottery ticket now, will you!

Yes Cedric..... it was a LOT of beer! and even more fun! Thanks for reminding me, will go buy a ticket today :)

Back
Top Bottom