Bali Bound - Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David
Treat bali like any big destination. Read the map and read up on the dive sites around the area. Esp if you don't like travelling. My home is in Sanur. When I want to dive in Tulamben or Kubu, I stay around the area (Scuba Seraya) for 2-3 nights with my car. If I want to do Menjangan, I stay around Menjangan (usually Wakashorea or the Jungle Resort) etc etc. I choose dive resorts so I have access to a boat for special sites that are not shore dives.
I would suggest you read what others have said here, then read up on the map and dive sites and then approach the dive ops some of us have recommended for suggestions on accomodations and optional itineraries. No one knows what you want to dive on. Instead of getting confused by all the suggestions from different divers, contact the dive ops. A good dive ops will know how to set up a nice itinerary based on your dive needs and experience and plan one out for you. Approach as many as you wish and compare. If they all sound generic, then ask for more specialized itineraries. A few dive ops specialize in special itineraries, including the one I suggested before. I know it's difficult to go to a new area and choose, but if you narrow it down to stuff like nice villa, pool, privacy... and the diving be pelagics, critters, corals etc, then the dive ops should be able to help you. Ask for Luci at BIDP, she knows which dive resorts suit couples on honeymoons/romantic weekends etc.
Good luck and happy honeymoon.

scubashooter:
David
Treat bali like any big destination. Read the map and read up on the dive sites around the area. Esp if you don't like travelling. My home is in Sanur. When I want to dive in Tulamben or Kubu, I stay around the area (Scuba Seraya) for 2-3 nights with my car. If I want to do Menjangan, I stay around Menjangan (usually Wakashorea or the Jungle Resort) etc etc. I choose dive resorts so I have access to a boat for special sites that are not shore dives.
I would suggest you read what others have said here, then read up on the map and dive sites and then approach the dive ops some of us have recommended for suggestions on accomodations and optional itineraries. No one knows what you want to dive on. Instead of getting confused by all the suggestions from different divers, contact the dive ops. A good dive ops will know how to set up a nice itinerary based on your dive needs and experience and plan one out for you. Approach as many as you wish and compare. If they all sound generic, then ask for more specialized itineraries. A few dive ops specialize in special itineraries, including the one I suggested before. I know it's difficult to go to a new area and choose, but if you narrow it down to stuff like nice villa, pool, privacy... and the diving be pelagics, critters, corals etc, then the dive ops should be able to help you. Ask for Luci at BIDP, she knows which dive resorts suit couples on honeymoons/romantic weekends etc.
Good luck and happy honeymoon.

Yep - I completely agree. My sister and I dived around a lot of Bali and what we ended up doing was actually staying for a few days in each of the places that we wanted to dive. Not only do you get to avoid lengthy transfers in the car before and after diving, but you also get to experience what the different parts of Bali are like above water as well. Each place has quite a different "feel" and it would be a shame to miss out on all of that!

Enjoy!

A

These are all great advise and I appreciate all of your inputs. Our travel plans are materializing as we speak. Airfair has been booked. Hotels are almost set. We arrive in Bali on 3/9 and will be staying at Ubud for 5 days at Komaneka Suites. The plans is to get some R&R, do our land activities and probably meet with our dive operators and maybe one day of diving. For the next five, we'll be staying in Candidasa at the Puri Bagus. Then it's all out diving for the both of us. Like some of you have recommended, it's best to work out the dive details with the operators instead of planning it in advance from the other side of the globe. Thanks for all your help. Do you have any comments on the places we are staying at?

amadeus00:
Headed to Bali in early March. What are some recommendations on dive operators? We probably won't do any live aboards. Just day trips. We have our own equipment, so equipment rentals are not important. We are looking for a catered diving experience. This is going to be our honeymoon. We'll be staying in a villa for a couple of days to get over jetlag. Then for the next 10 days, we'll either be diving or doing land activities.

Hi, went diving 4 months ago in Bali, great diving there 1:Nusa Penida/ Lebongan Island (24-30- Meter vis) 2: Tulamben Wreck Dive. Try Benoa beach 34 dive centres all around, recommend Pacific Bahari Bali (they charge around 30 usd for 2 dives full kit). Benoa beach and harbour are great for watersports and especially for diving/snorkelling.

Farid.

amadeus00:
Headed to Bali in early March. What are some recommendations on dive operators? We probably won't do any live aboards. Just day trips. We have our own equipment, so equipment rentals are not important. We are looking for a catered diving experience. This is going to be our honeymoon. We'll be staying in a villa for a couple of days to get over jetlag. Then for the next 10 days, we'll either be diving or doing land activities.

Hi, went diving 4 months ago in Bali, great diving there 1:Nusa Penida/ Lebongan Island (24-30- Meter vis) 2: Tulamben Wreck Dive. Try Benoa beach 34 dive centres all around, recommend Pacific Bahari Bali (they charge around 30 usd for 2 dives full kit). Benoa beach and harbour are great for watersports and especially for diving/snorkelling.

Farid. (sorry got posted twice)

May I ask, is there a lot of operators in Denpasar/Kuta who will do a day-trip dive to Menjangan? Meaning they'll include the equipment rental, transport, and maybe packed lunch.

Anyone can help?

Yes, you can easily find dive operator in Kuta, Benoa or Nusa Dua. They will prepare everything if you don't bring any equipment. But, please check their equipment first and try to talk with their DM not to regret. Better use the well recognized operator such as BIDP, ENA ect. Remember you have to wake up early morning since will require 2.5 hours to go Menjangan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom