Bali 1st time in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got to hit Ubud a couple days. Actually its nice to go there first and decompress from long flights/travel hassle. Get a massage or spa thing. A lot to see and do there and nearby. Some very nice places to stay and eat at reasonable prices. I recommend you hire car/van and driver as roads and mopeds are crazy.

The main city Denpasar is a bit of a madhouse with traffic and crowds. Not my thing and I found the countryside far more pleasant.

Prices are reasonable to cheap. I got met at the airport and arranged some of my trip thru Adventures Unlimited in California USA and they had their local guys right there. Very pleased with their advice and service.

I really liked the night dive on the Liberty. I had my own DM and the wreck was empty of divers and full of great critters. That area is worth a couple days for sure. Bring a good LED rechargeable dive light for crevices in day diving and night dives. Effective bug spray a good thing to bring too.

Best advice is take as much time off as you can beg, borrow or steal. So much to see and do and you will wish you had more time at the end i guarantee. I was there two weeks in September and weather was absolutely perfect. Total time I spent in Indonesia was 20 days and I wished I had given myself way more.

En rt we stayed in Singapore a couple days and really enjoyed that too. Buddhist cultural center was fascinating.

If you can steal more time you are pretty close to Komodo which is very best diving I have done but it is more advanced and currenty. However after some time diving on Bali you ought to be good to go.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom