Baldwin County Folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port Tack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello: I was driving south on 59 last week and saw a building with a sign that said it was a Spear Fishing Museum. It was just north of Summerdale. Is this something new or just something I have never noticed? It was closed but I plan to stop in the next time I head to the beach.

Mike

Its new, I haven't been in it but I believe its more of a spear hunter museum - not much in terms of fishing... I heard it has a $2 admission, I thought about checking it out just to see what it is as well.

You know, I think you are right. I think it did say Spear Hunting and I just assumed it was spear fishing. I will probably still check it out.

I love you guys. You all have a one track mind. Spearfishing YEAH!

Yea, it is spear hunting. I thought the same thing the first three times I drove by. Then I slowed down and saw huge afrian animals on the side of the building. Still might be fun to visit

You should lobby them for a Spearfishing section when you visit.
Afterall, They are in an area where a lot of people spearfish. I doubt there are many spear hunters in the area. I may be wrong. I think most people in Alabama use over- powered rifles to hunt. My co-workers do.

When I take down bears, I use brute strength and my bare hands :wink:

hey Matt Ill be gone for the next two weeks.....In freezing cold New Jersey, can ya get any farther north..............

I'd rather not :p Although the Jersey wrecks are supposed to be awesome :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom