Baji California Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raven,
You'll enjoy Baja California, though the Cabo area is a tourist area indeed. I and my Club President are going on the Memorial weekend to Club Cantamar in La Paz to do wreck diving and hopfully Hammerhead,Manta, and any other large fish we can dive with. Check out the website before you lock in on Cabo which is only 100 miles to the south.

www.clubcantamar.com/english/index1.htm

aquaman514

I did a two tank in between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo a couple of years ago. Wasn't reall impressed.

I have a friend (in Phoenix) that has a group that goes to San Carlos (Guaymas) on the mainland side of the Sea of Cortez quite frequently. We have a bunch of people form our sail club that go down there every winter.

Tip of the Baja has gotten expensive, overrun, and Crowded IMHO. Went there in '85 & loved it. Went back in '99, and was very disappointed. But we like it quiet, and uncrowded, so it's a personal preference thing as far as that goes.

We;re trying to get a trip to San Carlos arranged, but some personal family matters are taking precedence right now. We can drive there if so inclined, in a hard day.

Have heard La Paz is good, too. Up into the SEa of Cortez, reputedly a lot of sea mammals the righ time of year.

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom