Baja Mexico - Any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My wife and I are traveling to Baja, Mexico in October. Do you have any recommendations on where to stay and dive?

Are budget is $2,000 total excluding airfare. We are considering La Paz but are open to anywhere that has the best diving.

:sombrero: :sombrero:

We went in June a couple of years ago and had an enjoyable time. The diving was good - sea lions at Los Islotes, a lot of life at El Bajo sea mount. The boat rides are long, though, but we are used to that here. It is pretty much an all-day outing.

It is great diving in the Sea of Cortez around San Carlos , Mexico.
The is a Decsent , but rather expensive dive shop called El Mar.
They also have a web site if you want to check them out.

I do have one suggestion, Be careful of the cheap dive shops down there, as they have taken divers to areas that the current was so strong, you held on to the mooring buoey and felt like you were a flag on a pole.

This place is not on the baja side but, on the mainland side of mexico. Check around for a condo, we found one for $60 a night that was a 2 bedroom 1 bath and could sleep 6 in privacy.

Have fun

Gary's Dive shop is not very expensive in San Carlos and they were GREAT on the few dives I have been on with them. Im going on a trip down to San Carlos next week.

Small, Mexican fishing village, they say like La Paz was 10 years ago and Cabo 20 years ago. If you want to escape drunk gringo yahoos.

We dived with Leon at baja Outpost. Great op

Go to Amigos Del Mar and speak with the owner Kevin Colter.

He runs a 1st class operation and boats are clean, fast ans spacious. Divemansters are top notch.

You can e-mail him at

sealion@cabotel.com.mx

Cabo is down on the tip of Baja aka "Lands End"

Stay away from any dive operations that have "street salesmen"

If you have any further questions you can pm me.

ID

What is considered cheap and expensive in San Carlos? I was considering a trip in August, would that be a good time to go? We are seriously considering moving to Tucson if the diving is good enough. Otherwise, Hawaii will be tops on the wish list.:doctor:

La Paz is a great little town. Great food and not too expensive, really nice people, lots of stores,and a beautiful ocean front. Most important, the diving near there is wondeful. Check out Club Canatamar for a place to stay, and dive with them. Their dive operation is called Baja Diving and Service. I dove with them last summer and will be back this summer. I highly rcommend them.Ask for Fernando. Tell him Steven from Toronto sent you. They are excellent. I hear Loretto and Cabo Pulmo are also good (they're also smaller). Have fun, and safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom