Baja Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nay:
Sea of Cortez ROCKS!!!!! I did La Paz in August and it is the most amazing diving I could ever have imagined. Go there, dive with Club Cantamar.
Seriously, best diving ever.

Yes, I can second this...I dove with Club Cantamar last week and it was a blast. Swam with a whale shark and dove with a hammerhead...lots of eels, grouper, snapper, sea lions and even did a cavern dive at Swanee Reef and a wreck dive on the Fang Ming. This was only during 2 days of diving. The 3 tanks/day are a good value and the Japanese divemasters made it all the more entertaining. The Club is a short drive from town and there is a free shuttle, plus bus service, etc. While I stayed with my girlfriend's family in La Paz, I noticed the accomodations at the Club offered reasonable rates with AC. Better hurry, though, as I think their season ends in November.

Dave

Mark, I checked out your website - very helpful.

Can you tell me how far Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere Reserve is from Cabo San Lucas? It seems like somewhere I would like to visit as well... Thanks.

Its located in the mountains just a bit south of La Paz. Last week I made the drive from Cabo up the 19 to La Paz took me maybe 2-2.5 hours. On the return trip I took the 1 from La Paz to cabo on the sea of cortez side.....drive was a bit longer since your going through curvy streets through the mountains but overall both were nice drives. I would say the drive to get in the general area would be like 2.5 hours roughly. beware of rogue donkeys standing in the middle of those mountain roads. I came around a corner and almost hit one standing there near the cliffs edge with a big bell on it's neck.

Ayisha:
Mark, I checked out your website - very helpful.

Can you tell me how far Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere Reserve is from Cabo San Lucas? It seems like somewhere I would like to visit as well... Thanks.

Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom