Baja California - Road trip Summer ' 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove CP on Saturday and the amount and diversity of fish was amazing. The bulls, about 10 hung out with us for the entire dive, just insane how close they were. Still going back in October, then to La Paz, then to Cabo for the Bisbee. Love CP, stupid awesome.

i'll be there oct 19 - 27!!

Hopefully I'll be around that time too, La Paz and Cabo!

Thank you, this a great post...sounds amazing! Really cannot wait to see my first shark(s)!
Work is shifting the trip towards the end of September and October. So probably will 'miss' hurricane season!

CB definitely is on the top of the list now!

November is high travel time for the area. October and December can be busy as well.
Since you're road-tripping then flights aren't a concern but lodging might be (unless you're camping out). And also booking dives. Make sure to attack both of those at the same time because it can get tricky to plan. My November trips are usually booked a year in advance.

Again, thanks for the tips! Mailed them today! Hopefully options can be planned this October!

Plans changed slightly, our trip is starting in La Paz, hotel and scuba trip/ OW class for my GF are planned (thanks for the tips!).
Then off to Cabo Pulmo, stay is booked. Dive trip is almost booked (Pilu is not in Mexico, so directed me to the dive shop she works from). Just waiting the confirmation.

Then we are going to stay at one more place in Baja Sur, then fly up north. No road tripping by car.
Looking to do a dive in Ensenada, but we'll plan that later. The trip will be ended by a spending a week in Mexico City.

Thank you for all amazing tips. Will keep posting head ups, once the rest of the trip is planned.

Plans changed slightly, our trip is starting in La Paz, hotel and scuba trip/ OW class for my GF are planned (thanks for the tips!).

Then we are going to stay at one more place in Baja Sur, then fly up north. No road tripping by car.
Looking to do a dive in Ensenada, but we'll plan that later. The trip will be ended by a spending a week in Mexico City.

Don't forget to do the whale shark snorkel in La PAZ!!!!

What are your CP dates? End of October?

When in Ensenada, you could look into diving the Coronado Islands. I don't have a LDS to recommend though as I was on a liveaboard (Nautilus) when I was there. We actually left out of Ensenada.

Then off to Cabo Pulmo, stay is booked. Dive trip is almost booked (Pilu is not in Mexico, so directed me to the dive shop she works from). Just waiting the confirmation.

Thank you for all amazing tips. Will keep posting head ups, once the rest of the trip is planned.
Check out La Ventana, it's between Cabo Pulmo and La Paz. Cool town to chill in, take some kite surfing lessons.

Don't forget to do the whale shark snorkel in La PAZ!!!!

What are your CP dates? End of October?

When in Ensenada, you could look into diving the Coronado Islands. I don't have a LDS to recommend though as I was on a liveaboard (Nautilus) when I was there. We actually left out of Ensenada.

Yes, a whale shark trip is in the plans too, good call!!

No, we are going there early oct. just a couple of days.

Awesome, we'll look into that, my girlfriend might have some connections there, so we'll see!

Check out La Ventana, it's between Cabo Pulmo and La Paz. Cool town to chill in, take some kite surfing lessons.

Thanks, will take the option into account. and thanks for the La Paz suggestions, your recommendation for Sea Lions seems really cool so we booked there, great customer service so far!

Diving in La Paz (with Sea Lions Dive Center) was amazing, really cool, did 4 different locations and had a great time.
Sadly the booked trip to Cabo Pulmo did not happen.
From La Paz the main road was flooded (10-15 min away from reaching our destination) and the other way around, the sand roads are not passabele if you don't rent a big 4x4. An adventure...but we had to turn around (after getting stuck in the deep and soft sand) and find another place to stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom