Baja California - La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from La Paz last night. As was said earlier, spring and fall are the best. One was spotted last week. Unfortunately, it was not by us. Our DM said the best diving is usually Oct-early Nov.

Holiday i finnaly booked: Sept 2nd - Sept 12th.
I will have my eyes open for the whale shark. I'm sure Sept will be a good month too :wink:

Keep an eye out during the boat trip, we often saw Manta's doing flips out of the water. My hubby and I were the only one's to see a Manta on a dive :D We just happened to be near a cleaning station when one was there, we just hovered while the manta swam around us for 4-5 minutes getting cleaned. It was amazing!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Keep an eye out during the boat trip, we often saw Manta's doing flips out of the water. My hubby and I were the only one's to see a Manta on a dive :D We just happened to be near a cleaning station when one was there, we just hovered while the manta swam around us for 4-5 minutes getting cleaned. It was amazing!
Ber, was that out at El bajo?

widebody50:
Ber, was that out at El bajo?

No, it was at one of the shallow sites, I'll have to check my logbook to see which one though. We didn't see anything at El Bajo.

I'll be in La Paz (Club Cantamar) Aug 24-30. Anyone else going to be there the same time? I'd love to meet some SB members beyond the Socal folks I've met locally.

I will be in La Paz October 6-11. My daughter will be doing her certification dives while we are there. It is the 4th annual La Paz trip, offered by my LDS. Counting down the days!
H-the IslandCowgirl

IslandCowgirl--
My wife and I will be there for the same dates. From what we have heard, that is the very best time of the year to go. We live in Colorado, but we will be going with the dive shop group that we got certified with back in Nebraska. We will no doubt meet you when we get down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom