Bahamas shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jay777

Reaction score
which island do you recomend for independant shore diving with moderate family hotels? I'm not interested in mega-resorts, but I don't wish to be in the middle of no where either.

we went to Grand Bahama in April, there didn't seem to be any shore diving there, and as far as i could tell the island shelves of all the islands are pretty shallow, after all that's how they got their name, bahama means shallow seas. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Resort and Golf Club in Freeport and got a really good deal through TRAVELZOO.COM $62.50 a night! 1/2 the regular price. nice family resort, not what i'd call a Mega resort.
We dove with Sunn Odyssey Divers, great people and very safety consious. they will come to the hotel and pick you up and return you after the dives. Prices were very reasonable about what i pay in Cozumel. I would highly recommend them and can't wait to go dive with them again. you could contact Karen at Sunn Oddysey she's really nice and i'm sure she could give you some idea if there is any shore diving anywhere throughout the islands or not. karen@sunnodysseydivers.com
good luck,
the shark

A few years ago I'd noted ads for a resort on Chub Cay we considered vacationing at that if I remember correctly (no guarantee) mentioned shore diving in their ad, but I don't see the ads any more. I think it was a Neal Watson offering at the time. We chose instead to go to Cozumel that time and I haven't seen the ads again. Nothing I can see for Chub Cay mentions scuba now.

Just got back from GBI, there is no shore diving that I know of. I only found one place (Deadman's Reef at the Paradise Cove "resort" on the West End) at which there was even any decent snorkling from shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom