Bahamas Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im sitting in Freeport as I type this, just finished getting certed and a 6 dive pack with Sun Odyssey Divers, nothing but good things to say about them, I didnt cruise in so had much more time then a typical night on the dock.

I saw some other groups around the shark dive and the instructors were allowing the groups to feed the sharks, not something I enjoy seeing.

water temp is awesome given my homeport temps!

I'm trying to find a place to do an afternoon dive. The ship I'm on doesn't arrive until noon and Stuarts Cove picks up at 11:30 am. I could make the BahamaDive in time but their website says you have to have a passport in order to dive. I don't have one. That seems like a strange rule. You can get on a cruise ship to the Bahamas using only a drivers license but you can't do a 1 tank dive once you get there. Do the others require a passport? The only dive related activity the ship has planned is discover scuba. I'm so sad. I really wanted to dive with my son in the Bahamas.

I have dived with Bahama Divers several times. They are only a few minutes from the cruise dock. They usually do one shallow reef dive and a dive at the Blue Hole. If you have good vis then the shallow reef is not bad. I got some great photos there. The Blue hole is pretty much uninteresting but the nurse sharks let you get real close.

Stuart Cove's is probably the best bet but they tend to put a bunch of people on the boat. And yes, its about 45 minutes away. If you never have done a shark dive then this is your chance. I can't think of anyone better or more experienced than Stuart Cove's.

Hello If you haven't left yet, I would do the Bahama Divers in Nassau the Blue hole dive, was just there, you do two dives and the shortys are $8.00 and the 2 tank dives, is about $90.00 and the video is about $40.00 and it close to where the ships dock. Have fun and ask for Andrew he is one of the Dive Masters

I have dived with Bahama Divers several times. They are only a few minutes from the cruise dock. They usually do one shallow reef dive and a dive at the Blue Hole. If you have good vis then the shallow reef is not bad. I got some great photos there. The Blue hole is pretty much uninteresting but the nurse sharks let you get real close.

Stuart Cove's is probably the best bet but they tend to put a bunch of people on the boat. And yes, its about 45 minutes away. If you never have done a shark dive then this is your chance. I can't think of anyone better or more experienced than Stuart Cove's.

Did they make you show a passport in order to dive?

Did they make you show a passport in order to dive?

Getting a passport is pretty easy and (relatively) cheap. Most of the really good places on Earth you will want to dive require one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom