Bagus Dive in Amed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned this past weekend from 2 weeks in Bali. We split our time between Mimpi Menjangan and Scuba Seraya in Tulamben. This is our 5th trip to Bali either as a destination or jumping off point for a LOB. Both of these resorts are dive dedicated and are both top notch in every way. I just have nothing but accolades for both places. Both are on the ocean. The diving at both is pretty good. I am jaded after diving Raja Ampat and Komodo. So I can't go beyond pretty good for Bali diving. For us this time, not having the money or time for a LOB, Bali was perfect. I do not recommend Tach Terminal or Mimpi Tulamben. I will post a proper trip report when we have our photos edited.

KUFan, I still owe you a reply which I will try to get to you later this week but my sediments are the same as kneptoon’s, good solid diving but not the best of Indo in fact I found that the Philippines had better biodiversity than what we found in Tulamben. I would highly recommend Scuba Seraya, we had our own dive guide for the whole week so we could call the shots to where and when we wanted to dive plus it was nice not having to do shore entries on sites other than the house reef. Didn’t dive Amed but did drive through it. It appeared that most of the resorts were above the shoreline, great view but a good hike back up the hill after the dive.

Scuba Sereya is a small balinese style resort just south of Tauck and the wreck. They take you out in inflatable dive boats and because they are small, you don't get the cattleboat syndrome. The resort is really pretty and the food is good. Highly recommend staying there and using their dive operation. Shore diving is also excellent on the house reef. Have fun!

Thanks to everyone for their comments. A few weeks ago we booked at Scuba Seraya. Plus, my BF is in Bali now becoming a dive instructor so hopefully when we both get back we'll have lots to report!

Back
Top Bottom