Bag for TG-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

49COE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, Just got a TG-6 with the Olympus Dive housing and a Backscatter Air Lens, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a bag to carry it in. I'm looking for something that would fit into my personal carry on (backpack) but would leave enough room for my regulator bag. Or something that would be my personal carry on, but also have enough room to fit my regulator, mask, and computer. For either of these scenarios it would also be nice to have something that I could use to carry it onto a dive boat without being too concerned about it getting wet, or having wet stuff put in it. Is this too tall an order? What do you guys use? Thanks.

I bought a small camera bag at Best Buy that fits my housing, camera, backscatter lens and a few other small items. I pack the bag in my carryon suitcase along with strobe, other camera accessories, dive computer, laptop, mask and a change of clothing.

I use a cooler bag. Carry it on as my personal item. Makes a good soak tub for your camera as well when you get to your destination.

I use a cooler bag. Carry it on as my personal item. Makes a good soak tub for your camera as well when you get to your destination.

That's a great idea, the Costco ones are quite large and cheap. And they can keep your beer cold.

I use a DJI phantom 3 drone hard case which is also a backpack.

As it also has foam the hard case floats if dropped off a boat which has happened.

We ended up using a hard case making cutouts in foam also. Used to keep it in a bag with towels but .. well, ok, I stepped on it once while under the seat and ... ;(. Nanuk, a Canadian brand. Was about $150 but travels well with handle, lock. Gets lights and all kinds of stuff in there. Two layers of foam. Probably cannot fit Reg and Camera ... unless you creatively wrapped it around the outside edge of the lower foam perhaps. She wrote something up here : Protecting Expensive and Fragile Equipment While Traveling

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom