Bad Lionfish news for Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well thats not all that bad, there not going to the pacific, and texas will have more to look at while diving, the oil did not hurt these guys in any way.

What is it that attracts them, fdog says there in sponges, can ya build a trap that has same sponge like to attract so it can get commercially fished out, they fish out every thing else.

If this is an underwater war, will the UN give a stimulus to pay for spearfishing tournaments, back in the day a tournament brought up tons of fish.

I see the study what is in the plans marineresearch?

Your probably right about them never making it to the Pacific... They can't pay the fair to get through the Panama Canal...! :wink:

lee

The Wall from Villa Blanca up North is loaded. In the day time , they hide in sponges, tires, behind anything that they can relax from the current. Go out as soon as its starts getting dark.... they are out en mass feeding in the open. They are like bellybuttons, they are everywhere! I have notices a definate decline in the small fish and juvenile population. I scooter out to the wall often day and night and it is an eye opener for sure....I do leave my cameras and video gear at home once a week and do some other shooting here....:D along with my H2O Mp3 player ( playing some Metallica, Pantera....) so they can hear me coming. http://www.mediafire.com/i/?06i6w5998jl27m7

Last edited:
This is pretty much what I have been saying all along. The chances of divers killing them having any effect on the general population of lionfish are slim to none. It's like trying to control the mosquito population by swatting them. We may be able to control them in a few areas, somewhat, for a while, but that's about it. The numbers are overwhelmingly against us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom