Bad Lesson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI replied to me yesterday, saying that it had taken no action against the instructor. I am passing this on, because various participants in this thread had asked for a follow-up.

I replied that I was happy with the outcome and that I imagine the instructor will take the review process as a heads up. We all have bad days and I didn't want her to lose her career over this.

I also said I was seeking to be more self-reliant in my diving. I just purchased 3 full sets (new wet suits, name brand light-weight BCDs, regs, computers, compasses, fins, booties, masks, dive lamps) for the diving members of my family. Shipped to Montreal, the 3 kits cost about $4,000. This is about 30% to 50% less than I would have paid in a local dive shop. The US price would have been around $3,000, maybe a bit lower. We plan to get to know our equipment well, keep it streamlined and act more like pros than tourists.

My daughter (14) and I just completed PADI's EANx course and, with my son, who is a divemaster, have booked two weeks in Bonaire, early to mid-May. If any of you will be there then, please give me a shout!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom