Bad dive friend needs help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a legitimate post. His options are pretty limited in mexico as far as quality treatment goes I think. Basically, is the damage irreversible?

Kudos to you for trying to help someone out. I'm tagging @Duke Dive Medicine and @Dr Simon Mitchell here as they may have some insight into helping your friend.

I'm also moving your thread to Dive Medicine as it will get more appropriate attention there.

It's a legitimate post. His options are pretty limited in mexico as far as quality treatment goes I think. Basically, is the damage irreversible?

Jack,

Thanks for advocating for your friend. Unfortunately your question is impossible to answer without examining him. He may have suffered severe barotrauma, which is damage to the air-filled spaces in the body caused by changes in ambient pressure. Think of your ears popping while flying in an airplane or driving through the mountains, only multiplied.

Best regards,
DDM

Back
Top Bottom