Bad Buddy... no cookie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimLap:
It all comes down to, "sure you can dive with me! surfacing, however, is another matter if you're a jerk!" I have no problems diving solo. Be an idiot or unsafe (same thing really) and I will.

You weren't at Blue Springs this past Wednesday, were you?

A guy surfaced just off the dock we were at and his hood had devil's horns on it. I told him I liked that... but I didn't know if I'd dive with him (ha ha- humor- no preaching please- calm down people). He said the same (similar) quote... I'll dive with anyone- surfacing, however, is optional...

I still can't click the smileys... but if I could I'd pick the Lol laughing so hard he's crying pointer.

i have had many bad dive buddys well they werent so much bad but inexperances one thing i can recommend to all divers is when your diving with a stranger start with the basics do all your checks like you learned in open water i had thing happen like a dive buddy being over weighted and not havng control of there gear make shore you go over your dive plan i planned a diver one time it was my 3 dive of a day i was diving nitrox and my wife didnt want to go for the last dive so another diver asked me if i would dive since he had no buddy and i said yes i told him i couldnt go past 40 ft he said ok i went to 40ft go leveled out and was watching him as he came down and as he want past i spend 10 min trying to find him at 110ft as he was freaking out spit reg long story short he didnt tell me it was his first dive out of his open water class and that he never dove fresh water he was 12 pounds over on lead plus first time with steel tanks//////update after i stayed out of water for a few hours and flushed with o2 we go him straight and did another dive that day /// so dont be afraid to offend anyone ask them if thay dont under stand you dont want to dive with them you can never be to safe

mirrocraft:
i have had many bad dive buddys well they werent so much bad but inexperances one thing i can recommend to all divers is when your diving with a stranger start with the basics do all your checks like you learned in open water i had thing happen like a dive buddy being over weighted and not havng control of there gear make shore you go over your dive plan i planned a diver one time it was my 3 dive of a day i was diving nitrox and my wife didnt want to go for the last dive so another diver asked me if i would dive since he had no buddy and i said yes i told him i couldnt go past 40 ft he said ok i went to 40ft go leveled out and was watching him as he came down and as he want past i spend 10 min trying to find him at 110ft as he was freaking out spit reg long story short he didnt tell me it was his first dive out of his open water class and that he never dove fresh water he was 12 pounds over on lead plus first time with steel tanks//////update after i stayed out of water for a few hours and flushed with o2 we go him straight and did another dive that day /// so dont be afraid to offend anyone ask them if thay dont under stand you dont want to dive with them you can never be to safe

Mirrocraft... Please don't take any offense to this... as none is meant... but please use some punctuation in your posts. It makes them much easier to read. :D That post (and another you posted in another thread) was very painful on the eyes without puctuation. :wink: Again... please don't take offense.

lol none taken. you think my typing is bad you should see my hand writing. i just get typing and the last thing i think of is that big word you used lol thank you for the critisume wow i cant spell neither if you one corrected us we would go on srewing up lol

mirrocraft:
lol none taken. you think my typing is bad you should see my hand writing. i just get typing and the last thing i think of is that big word you used lol thank you for the critisume wow i cant spell neither if you one corrected us we would go on srewing up lol

:D OMG, Mirro! Ok... I see you really can't help it, huh?!?! You can't spell, punctuate, or make sense (that last part of your last post :confused: )! Wow, that was painful! LOL :D

Again... no offense to you. :wink: I'll give you a break now. LOL

(WOW!!):D

Oh... and I gotta give you a break... I looked at your profile and I see you're a Marine! That means you know how to AIM and SHOOT!! (Hopefully better than you type)LOL :wink: But I'll take your word for it! LOL :D

By the way... haven't seen you post on SB before, so WELCOME!!

lol wow any cute blonds want to come give me typing lessons the last 2 post were harsh lol but you have to let me know before anyone comes to give me lessons i have to send m wife away

mirrocraft:
lol wow any cute blonds want to come give me typing lessons the last 2 post were harsh lol but you have to let me know before anyone comes to give me lessons i have to send m wife away

:lol:

Hmmm bad buddies?........lets see...My main buddy while doing our dive certs

1. no bouyancy control on either descent or ascent. Descent instant siltout. :11:

2. Never aware of where I am, strays alot so I follow him to make sure his dumb***** is alright. :confused:

3. Left me once, that was today on our ascent from the deep dive on our AOW. :light:

And yes I chew him out everytime he does something wrong! :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom