Backup Regulator (Octo) Setups with the Kraken?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was using a standard one, I'd use the Hemphill bungee loop and clip it to the d-ring
How about a picture? TIA

Make an endless loop of bungee about 4" in diameter, with a fisherman's knot. Choke/hitch the loop through the boltsnap. You should have a boltsnap with a bungee attached to it.

Now choke/hitch the bungee around the hose against the second stage. You should have a bungee loop attached to your hose at one end, and the boltsnap at the other.

Take the bolt snap in one hand, and with your other, split the two "legs" of the loop and slide one leg each on top and bottom of the face plate of the second stage. The loop should leave the boltsnap pointing out from the second stage like your adjustment knob, just longer.

Attachments

• Hemphill bungee 1.png
    Hemphill bungee 1.png
    502.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Hemphill Bungee 2.png
    Hemphill Bungee 2.png
    524.7 KB · Views: 235
Thanks @tbone1004 & @JohnnyC
However, if I understanding the setup correctly one could pull it loose for himself; but would have to unhook the bolt snap from the chest D ring to donate the second stage to someone else.

@couv on rubber hoses the loop will slide down the length of the hose, but it should be unclipped

This is for my CCR, and the reg lives on the "outside" of the d-ring normally, it just flopped in during assembly, but it's the same way that it is stowed for double hose use. It really "ideal" since it somewhat traps the d-ring, but on my CCR that d-ring is pretty much hidden anyway, and on the double hose, it isn't used for much and I can still reach it.
In normal doubles, instead of clipping it off, it is stowed the same way, just 180* around and doesn't block anything. If/when I go to a bmccr with counterlungs behind me, then I will likely go to a normal Hog loop like the GUE crowd does and it will be "trapped" by the loop.
53053605_10161460920945134_3175900012110413824_n.jpg

Like others, I use the AK second stage with a reg 40" red braided hose. I use the bottom port of the reg, routing the hose down beside the tank, under my arm and attached to my right chest D ring with any of the rubber octo holders. Thinking about it. I may add one of the 60 deg swivels to help route the hose a little better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom