backup reg necklace questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a follow up question regarding my primary reg - whats the best way to attach a snap clip so Im able to clip it to the d ring on my BP&W?

Many different opinions on that. I use cave line. Some people use an o-ring or something pre-made like the dive rite hose clip retainer.

I also have 22 inches for my single tank setup. I prefer regular rubber hose than miflex type. As for bungee, don't need to order online. Just go to West Marine type of shop, they have them. Just buy a couple of feet, rig it up, test it, then cut the extra off.

Before putting backup on necklace, make sure you primary is the donatable reg. That means probably longer than convential LP hose. Most people use 5ft or 7ft.

DGX website has a step by step instruction showing how to tight snap to hose. The key for easy clip thing onto d-ring is the placement of the d ring. BAUE.ORG has guideline for that.

I've found shock cord at The Home Depot. You can also find it at REI.

I also have 22 inches for my single tank setup. I prefer regular rubber hose than miflex type. As for bungee, don't need to order online. Just go to West Marine type of shop, they have them. Just buy a couple of feet, rig it up, test it, then cut the extra off.

Before putting backup on necklace, make sure you primary is the donatable reg. That means probably longer than convential LP hose. Most people use 5ft or 7ft.

DGX website has a step by step instruction showing how to tight snap to hose. The key for easy clip thing onto d-ring is the placement of the d ring. BAUE.ORG has guideline for that.

excellent, thank you! RE: primary, im rocking 7' hose so good to go.

Back
Top Bottom