backup light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I received my new Dorcy 220 and am really happy with it , compared it to my buddies halcyon and it is way brighter and for $48 bucks ! Thanks to all SB members that replied and a big thanks to Ronzo for the advice
J

awesome point kathy, which is another driving factor for the penetrators...(dorcy)
they run off 6 AAA or 4 AAA ... and are a single LED (almost bullet proof) oh yeah and at 220 lumen and under $40? you can buy 2 or even three for less than a halcyon .... and finally, if you decide to rig them against your shoulder d-rings, they lie flatter and keep you more trim since the diameter is far less than the halcyons ... truly a no brainer

My old light (brand unnamed) had a lifetime warranty on the LED. But it blew in the middle of a 5 week trip to the PI when I was night diving regularly.

I ended up chasing a replacement all over the country. Found plenty of Halcyon replacement parts but none that fit my brand. Ended up paying close to $45 in international shipping fees and waiting in Manila for several days just to receive the bulb.

If you're planning to travel, I highly suggest purchasing a brand that is easy to service, or to bring spare parts - even parts you don't anticipate needing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom