Backup Light??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an UK SL4 tucked under my arm. Works great for a backup and is bright enough to use during the day from peeking under rocks.

I have an SL4 and a Scout. I keep both tied to my bc on all dives. I use the SL4 for looking under rocks and what not. I like the thumb switch on the SL4 over the twist of the Scout and I think the UK light is a little easier to hold (I have big hands). The scout is a good backup backup.

citydiver:
Hey everyone,
My husband and I are looking for a good backup light...Something small that will fit in our BC pockets...Any suggestions? There are so many out there....
We do mostly warm water diving..

Thanks

Special Edition of the Underwater Kinetics Q40. 4 AA's with a Xenon bulb. The case has a glow in the dark dye, and can be attached to your mask strap. I prefer to strap mine to my inflator hose. I love mine, and it's wayyyy brighter than the original ones since they changed the bulb style.

The UK Q40 Xenon minni is awsome. I have two of them and use them on my mask. They are small, inexpensive, and extremely bright for the price/size/and power. I dont see any reason to purchase. You can purchase two of these for the price of one of the other typical back-up lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom