Backup Light ID Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone identify this backup light (see below)? It is a 3 "C" cell light. I know nothing more about it.

It looks much like a Halcyon Scout, though obviously missing key aesthetic characteristics (large grip bumps on the body; rubber "H's" on the head), at least of the newer Scouts. Could it be an old model Scout? Are there Scout clones out there?

Attachments

• P4170534.jpg
    P4170534.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 284
Is it LED? It looks like a Scout from around 2002/3 time period. They were a checkered delrin, and if I recall correctly they did not have the "H" on he rubber bezel. I could be wrong.

Is there a way that I can check to verify if it's LED? Did Halcyon have the LED version back in 02/03?

Is it LED? It looks like a Scout from around 2002/3 time period. They were a checkered delrin, and if I recall correctly they did not have the "H" on he rubber bezel. I could be wrong.

Gulftex Photon Torpedo? Both H and Gulftex produced similar lights and both started with a regular old school bulb. Both lights can also be easily upgraded to LED with some soldering and a circuit board, or just buy the module ready to go from Ebay. You can just look inside the lens and see if there is a bulb or an LED.

gulftex

Thanks, Peter. That Gulftex light looks fantastic. Sounds more robust than mine. It doesn't quite look like my light, either, in terms of its "lines." It also boasts double O-rings, while my light has only a single O-ring. My light definitely has a bulb. I have a Scubapro Nova, which I believe is LED, and, yes, no bulb per se. So this backup is definitely not LED. But I replaced the batteries and it is quite bright, at least for my purposes.

If yours is only a single o-ring, it is not a Halcyon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom