Backup Computer went into Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The part where it was the backup computer and so at least one other computer (the primary) should have done every dive identically in the days leading up to that specific dive.

Yeah, that's a fair assumption.

I can't recall the algorithms used by the two computers concerned (?). If they had different algorithms, different numbers of compartments / varying half-times (i.e. 8 vs 16), then it's possible there'd be a significant variation over a slow tissue loading series of multi-day dives.

The only point I'm trying to make is that a few people are fixated on the parameters of a single dive, assuming computer glitch... and the lesson to be learned (rather than don't buy Cressi) is to consider the implications of extended dive series...

I think it's a legacy for those taught on tables... the tendency to forget that not every model 'goes back to zero' when you're sleeping at night.

Yeah, that's a fair assumption.

I can't recall the algorithms used by the two computers concerned (?). If they had different algorithms, different numbers of compartments / varying half-times (i.e. 8 vs 16), then it's possible there'd be a significant variation over a slow tissue loading series of multi-day dives.

No, we've been through that, they're both RGBM, whatever that is. At any rate, they should be within a few minutes of each other on average, ScubaLab "studies" notwithstanding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom