Backscatter flat lens case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ant:

That little hole in the node at the side of the filter is for a leash so you don't have to worry about it disappearing.

I have not had that happen to mine, nor have any of my friends had that happen to theirs. Sorry that happened to you. I would highly recommend using the hole in the filter to add a lanyard to the lens.

wow. I cannot believe that I didnt realize that the hole in the lens was for a tether. im such a nub! Guess I will have to order a new one and make sure that its leashed! haha thx

I have received my case and the magic filter. Looks great and I can't wait to use it.

(I will be showing off a fore-arm mounting solution shortly)

Anyhow, the one big question I have is how to protect the filter from scratching when not in use or when dismounted in shallow water? I have a couple of ideas involving something that looks like a clam with o-rings just to grip the edges and springs from clothes pegs.

Has anyone got any other ideas? Any cases or sleeves?

One other thought, any experiences yet with the rubber retaining ring perishing?

GoPro Fore-Arm Mount

As promised, here is my little creation.

(click on photos)
IMG_8259.jpg IMG_8270.jpg

More details on construction and more photos can be found here GoProUser.freeforums.org • View topic - Scuba Diving Arm Mount

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom