Backplate Webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Early on with my DSS rig, I switched to Halcyon webbing, and haven't looked back. Haven't found the Halcyon to soften to the point where donning/doffing, even in water, to be any issue at all. No problems with stretching after the initial few dives - everything stays right where I put it, dive after dive.

The DSS was just a bit too stiff based on my body shape. Being a curvy woman, needed things to bend a bit more easily to be optimally comfy.

update:
After many dives on my orange webbing I've found that the color faded to white in many places, likely it streched too. It was a bit too loose and the bungees would force it to fold in on itself. My backup light was difficult to find on this harness, and the d rings were also not very friendly to use.

I've switched as well to the halcyon hand of webbing (minus the halcyon H) right away i've noticed a change. I'll be test diving it tomorrow. Also I've added a second belt buckel to hold my canister light in place as opposed to the slide I had in a previous photo.

The biggest advantage to the new and softer hand of webbing I figure will be the ablility to change size on the fly. I find with the stock webbing it is a bit too tough to change easily on the back of the truck in full drysuit when you realize you don't fit lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom