Background music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In reference to what ddprocter says above, Vimeo does care. when you upload, you click a button saying that you own the rights to everything in the video - that includes the music. If its for private use among friends, I'm sure nobody really cares, but if you want to submit to a festival or competition, or you want wide circulation, you'd best use royalty-free music to avoid any copyright hassles. While I agree with pretty much everything ddproctor goes on to say in the longer post, these are justifications that a feisty publishing company may not agree with.

biggest difference I understand, is that if you're marketing or making money off your videos as in a scuba shop business and using a known star audio music for such $$$, verses personal use.

YMMV

An acquaintance asked me to use music from his CD & I did in my latest YouTube upload, giving him credit in the description and end credits along with links to his web site. YouTube sent me a message saying there was third party content which I acknowledged. AFIK that's the end of it. Time will tell.

You can browse and you can find several medium...

Anyhow, as much I know you can use Audacity to transfer music into your venture, turn different sound tracks from one structure to another, bring in several information and turn them, and more.

Might be m wrong! Because, I did not have accurate knowledge as because I did not ever tried so!

Lets you can try or browse!

Thanks!

Presetware

Adobe Premiere Elements contains an application called smart sound. It is external to PRE11 and PRE12 as well as Premiere Pro and you have to download the application and possibly a patch to use it but it has some nice features. There are 7 or 8 recordings that come with it. The license accompanying the recordings allows you to post it on the Internet as long as the music cannot be separated from your video and used in other places. The application authors (SonicFire) will assist you with clearing YouTube. The other nice thing is the application produces a custom .wav file to a specified clip duration that seamlessly passes to the premiere product. You can also purchase other titles to use with smartsound that have similar license arrangements.

Hi,

I love to dig around on ccmixter.org. Lots of music to search for under the creative commons license. Use the "dig" function.

Getty Music Images has within the last week attached false copyright claims to multiple videos I have posted to YouTube with background music purchased from Smart Sound/Sonic Forge and incorporated into the clip using my video editing software plug in. It is a royal pain to send disputes every time and then YouTube gets to stick a free advertisement on my video, in addition to all the ads stuck around the edges. I do use Vimeo too but some of the public only knows YouTube.

PS: all my disputes eventually get upheld and claim released.

Can anyone verify if this is still true? I wanted to upload a couple gopro videos on to youtube. I put some songs in the background. Specifically, low key DJ music. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Can anyone verify if this is still true? I wanted to upload a couple gopro videos on to youtube. I put some songs in the background. Specifically, low key DJ music. Any thoughts?

Thanks
YES, even if you use royalty free music YouTube will try to claim otherwise, probably out of laziness. Research Royalty free (doesn't always mean free) music. Some Video Editors like Power Director include some Royalty free music as a plug in, think Corel's also. But be warned, YouTube once tried to claim a royalty on music from iMovie trailer I posted, Apple specifically gives you the right to use the music in ULA, go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom