Back up knife on Goodman Handle Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I have a little knife for the Goodman Handle of my light. It is one of those Tekna Key Chain ones. Well, Tried mounting it to the handle with shrink wrap, didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks
Eric

PS If you have no idea what I am talking about - please look at www.wkpp.org and in their equipment pics you will see it.

I'd like to know where to get one that isn't $30 seems a bit pricey to me of course it is EE(Extremely Expensive)......I have seen them mounted with a Stainless nut( with nylon insert) and bolt by drilling a hole in your goodman handle. You don't tighten the bolt tight so the knife can siwvel out of the handle.
Ken

1) the "sheath" has been drilled and bolted, loosely to allow
movement, to the inside of the handle

2) keep in mind that one bath in salt water might render such
a small, thin blade almost completely rust-covered

3) keep in mind that such a small knife will NOT be easily used
with thick gloves on your hands

Eric,

The other guys are right about the bolt. A short, SS 1/4-20 with ny-lock nut works well. On my handle I have a short piece of neoprene tubing, that half covers the knife. I like that because it keeps the knife in place. The pinky finger off and old set of 3MM would work. When you mount the knife, think about what hand will be pulling the knife out. might save you from fumbling with it underwater.

Kevin Jones

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom