Back this week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Staying at the Sand Dollar B6. Already had some great dives at Karpata, uncharted off the south end past vista blue, and other. So far the only bad dive was Tolo which had the algae and bleaching problems we saw at 1000 Steps on past trips. Avoid.

More details needed! Have Bonaire depression...

We saw black/white extremely photogenic crinoids at Hidden beach @ 50 ft down and at Candyland. Gotta get away from the other turistas to see them apparently.

We found a black coral forest on Candlyland North @ 70ft. If you are a new diver, forget I just said that and keep diving between the airport and the Hooker.

Huge green moray at Nukove.

The down side. LED lights. Bari/Buddy/Don reefs might be iffy for night dives now since LED cannons are making everything hide. You can still have a good dive on these reefs, but honestly I think they may need to make a rule about light lumens to keep other divers from scaring everything away. 300 Lumens max people. Put away the floods.

Sort of like the algae problem north of Oil Slick and south of Karpata that keeps me from diving there. I may have to find new night dive sites.

The Hilma Hooker is still mostly a gimmick dive. The reef beside it was usually healthy though. This time however, lot's of red algae.

I'm hesitant to list the dive sites we really like since some of them are unmarked or obscure.

Thanks for the info. Been there, done Tailor-made, Candyland, Nukove and sites in the Park. Like the off the beaten and will go back. Want to continue north to the fishing village and try that. Done the Hooker enuff, but did enjoy the reef out and back, sorry to hear it's under siege. Glad to hear the morays are back and big.

Are they trying to direct aircraft with the lights? I've always thought Tori's or the Andreas would be good for night diving. Easy entries. Or wait, we like to do night dives at night - 10 or 11. Best is a Saturday night dive, most are too tired to dive and/or haven't been 'oriented'. At 10 we usually have the whole dock and reef to ourselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom