Back Shoulder Entry Zipper Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

I'm thinking of buying a DUI CF200SE with the back shoulder entry zipper. I dive a SS BP and was wondering if either the harness straps or the BP might potentially damage the zipper (there is no zipper guard)? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.

You'll most likely regreat not getting a self donning DUI. I would recomend saving a few more bucks and getting self donning TLS. Great suits.

Well now that didn't answer his question now did it? The zipper will be fine with a bp/w setup.

On a side note, a lot of the self donning suit wearers still have to get help with their zippers as I've zipped several for people lately.

Jason

I have a back entry drysuit and don't have any problems with the bp or harness.

I have used the selfdonning suits. Actually, I think a backentry is easier to put on; you just need someone to zip it. I can unzip mine myself.
As already mentioned, I have been asked to help divers with selfdonning suits several times.

Jason B:
On a side note, a lot of the self donning suit wearers still have to get help with their zippers as I've zipped several for people lately.

Jason

There is nothing wrong with self entry dry suits, the divers who can't close their zippers by themself are the same divers who seem to need help with the rest of their equipments.

But to answer the question I owned three back entry drysuits and never had a problem with any damage to the zipper.

I asked the same question before I puchased my TLS350SE. Got about the same answers too :eyebrow: .
I have no problems with my backplate or harness on the zipper.
Would I go with a self donning suit in the future? Yes, but not because of the back zip, but because you can't get a custom fit in the SE series.
I fit a stock large in a self donning suit, but the SE's run a bit larger than the stock front zip suits. You may want to have your measurements done before you decide on a specific size.
Good luck and enjoy!
Robb

Jason B:
Well now that didn't answer his question now did it?

Jason

No you're right and please, feel free to chastise me anytime. It didn't answer his question but rather addressed his first comment.

I have never had a single problem zipping my self donning suit. Not even once.

Cali - I meant it in a joking tone. I should have added a smilie! :)

Jason

Jason B:
Cali - I meant it in a joking tone. I should have added a smilie! :)

Jason

No worries, I figured that. :)

Back
Top Bottom