Back Plate Bend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomx5 once bubbled...
Does anybody know if all of the backplates are the same size or are there some that are made for a smaller torso?

You can get back plates that are shorter than standard. But one of the things that we covered in my DIRF class was that the same backplate, when properly adjusted fit a 5'2'' tall woman and a 6'5'' man.

Going to a shorter backplate may also adversely affect your ability to clip off stage bottles etc, as it changes the 'standard' distance from the shoulder D rings to the waist D rings.

Before deciding you need a shorter backplate, you might do well to find some that you can borrow to try on a dive. Keyword here is "dive" as it is hard to determine how well the actually fit just trying it on land.

Hi Scuba Dan.
Come see me when you can and I'll let you check a few different styles. You be able to see what the guys are talking about.

Hallmac

Back
Top Bottom