Back Inflate vs BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well come on then, two tubs for recovery gear, one has grog in it, in case I get stuck on the beach
of course there are tubs of dive gear just the gear no spares one for specimens of things and junk

768.JPG

With the canopy there is plenty of room for the bodies on top also the canopy came with the car
and what about my fantasy of going to war on society, and sleeping in the back quite unfulfilled
Which will never come to fruition as all my sites are so close to home I'm ashamed to drive there
but not really

006.JPG

Do you like my winch

I had two of the Genesis Steel HP80, Two of the Genesis Steel HP100 and two of the Genesis HP120's...all of them were stolen out of my garage in Florida

no longer do any tech dives.... but then again I'm not sure exactly what exactly defines a "tech dive". My last planned deco dive was about 10 years ago using a Black Diamond back mount BC with an HP 120 and a back mounted 30cf pony

Gotcha. That clears up a lot.

Yep..... I bet that would do it. I've heard great things about the Ford TD's. Especially the MPG's. I get about 17-18 average with just the truck and that goes down to 12 when towing the boat.

Yeah Ford Ranger Wildtrak 5 cylinder 3.2l Turbo Diesel. Gets the job done for me. Around 23.5 mpg on highway.

bated breath...

10 points awarded to Mr Westfall for proper spelling!

Regarding the inflator pull dump and reliability.

Guy showed up at our normal training site the other weekend. Non tech diver with all the "tech" gear. His wing had a pull dump. I was about to take him for a tour of the site, but his pull dump was free flowing preventing his wing from holding gas. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on. I couldn't even contemplate why anyone would put a pull dump on a wing.

The entire weekend was a nonstop string of problems with his gear "features".

Full disclosure: I was that guy in a past life. I would like to think I know better now, but he still makes his way out now and then.

Regarding the inflator pull dump and reliability.

Guy showed up at our normal training site the other weekend. Non tech diver with all the "tech" gear. His wing had a pull dump. I was about to take him for a tour of the site, but his pull dump was free flowing preventing his wing from holding gas. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on. I couldn't even contemplate why anyone would put a pull dump on a wing.

The entire weekend was a nonstop string of problems with his gear "features".

Full disclosure: I was that guy in a past life. I would like to think I know better now, but he still makes his way out now and then.
What was the problem you eluded to? I like pull dumps, but you have to understand they're a simple cable pulling on plastic. If you yank on the damn thing you're likely to damage it. Don't rinse your hose and the cable can rust and break (wife's did that). I like them only because it is right there on my chest where my hands normally relax to since I often have a camera with me. I'm not having to reach back and tilt to get air out at my left butt dump. My current wing (hog) only has the 1 dump valve and I'm too cheap to buy a pull dump that is designed to fit their odd size threads. Raising the inflator is an easy way for wing water ingress and more movement than the butt dump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom