Back inflate: Apeks Black Ice vs Zeagle Stilleto vs scubapro nighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are willing to spend that much on a BC, you might want to consider the following: http://www.xdeep.eu/lightweight-traveler-scuba-bcd-ghost-bc-system-pr-51.html

I added the attachable weight pockets and I couldn't be happier. Works everywhere I need it to. Cold water with drysuit and warm water tropics. I went with the deluxe version in order to have the quick release shoulder strap buckles.

@Trailboss123 Do you know who sells xdeep online? Also my instructor feels the plates might not be able to handle two tanks- any experience with two tanks diving?

@Trailboss123 Do you know who sells xdeep online? Also my instructor feels the plates might not be able to handle two tanks- any experience with two tanks diving?
I bought mine through Eco Dive Center: xDeep GHOST DELUXE Technical Lightweight Travel BCD Unit
This BC is not made for diving with doubles. However, XDeep does make BC's that are made for doubles and for technical diving- That is primarily their core business. You might want to read this article and consider this XDeep BC for your intended purpose: Review: XDeep NX Project Wing

I had an Apeks Black Ice for around 130 dives. I sold it and changed to Dive Rite BP/W setup. The only reason for this change was weight for travel. My black Ice was XL/XXL, and heavy! Its a lovely BCD to use. Sizes do come up large. It does have lots of padding, I'm thinking of the removable lumbar pad, which mean you will probably need an extra kg or two to compensate. Its just too heavy for travel.

Just to throw a spanner into the mix.

For teaching I brought an AL Axiom - it used the same harness straps as the Apex Black ice. It has integrated weights on the front, and nice trim pockets on the rear The two side pockets are ample for stowing what you need as well as any additional weights for students. It dives really nicely, it's almost a back inflate - the side pockets do inflate but only when you fully inflate at the surface.

Get one that really does fit - the problem with BCD's is if you are mid size and cant' get it just right.

I also have a Transpac wing (not plate) a Transplate wing (with SS plate) and a single webbing set up which I retired because I prefer the comfort of the Dive Rite set up and I use all these for Con ed, tech or fun dives.

My shop carries X- Deep, it's okay but I wouldn't recommend it over the Dive Rite - I've dive the X-Deep but fortunately am not required to own or dive it I think the bladders are too flimsy an dif you need a skeleton plate go the transpac route

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom