Back from the sun and the surf in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tabasco1955:
Well, unfortunately I'm back from the sun and the surf in Cozumel to wintertime in Central Missouri, and already looking forward to my next trip!

See the link below for my Cozumel trip report.

Cozumel Trip Report

Mike

Thanks. Good report. I'm going next week and will be staying right next door at Hotel Cozumel. Glad to hear the water was 79 to 80. You were comfortable in 3 mil? Did you need a hood? Chilly when you got out of the water in between dives?

pilot fish:
Thanks. Good report. I'm going next week and will be staying right next door at Hotel Cozumel. Glad to hear the water was 79 to 80. You were comfortable in 3 mil? Did you need a hood? Chilly when you got out of the water in between dives?

When I was there, I dove it in a shorty, and I was never cold.

Tabasco1955:
Well, unfortunately I'm back from the sun and the surf in Cozumel to wintertime in Central Missouri, and already looking forward to my next trip!

See the link below for my Cozumel trip report.

Cozumel Trip Report

Mike

Glad to hear you had a good time.

When I was there, I wound up sleep on the little sun couch nextto the sliding doors going out on the porch. That seemed a lot more comfortable to me. Did they have the outdoor fiesta while you was there? That was a great time.

diverbob:

Wow, a shorty and you were warm enough. That's great to hear. Maybe I should take my trusty 1 mil in addition to my 3 mil?

diverbob:

Ditto. I always use a 2/3 shorty for Coz. Never get cold, even doing 4-5 dives a day. My wife, however, gets cold using a 3mm fullsuit.

James

pilot fish:

No hood necessary, I was in a 3 mil and was very comfortable, I think I would have been fine with just skins also, as a matter of fact one of the guys in our group didn't wear any exposure suit at all and was fine. It was pretty chilly when you got out of the water but only until you dried off, if the sun is behind the clouds now thats another story, I would take a little something to break the wind just to be on the safe side.

diverbob:
Glad to hear you had a good time.

When I was there, I wound up sleep on the little sun couch nextto the sliding doors going out on the porch. That seemed a lot more comfortable to me. Did they have the outdoor fiesta while you was there? That was a great time.

Scuba Club had the Fiesta Wednesday night with the outdoor cookout, pinata (sp) and all, it was a good time. Sunday night the locals have a fiesta down town on the square, it was quite a spectacle, and a good time also.

Tabasco1955:
No hood necessary, I was in a 3 mil and was very comfortable, I think I would have been fine with just skins also, as a matter of fact one of the guys in our group didn't wear any exposure suit at all and was fine. It was pretty chilly when you got out of the water but only until you dried off, if the sun is behind the clouds now thats another story, I would take a little something to break the wind just to be on the safe side.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom