back from g.s.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hatman0_13

Reaction score
went to gulf shores this week. as luck would have it it wound up raining tues. & weds. met up with another guy from atlanta in down under weds. afternoon during the rain and made plans to snorkle the whiskey thurs. mid day. conditions were unbelievable. crystal clear water. vis 20+. calm water. the best you could ask for. this guy didn't dive so i called down a buddy from home to dive it fri. rented some tanks. waited on him to arrive and waded in @ 1230. worst conditions imaginable. 2-3' rollers. strong current. seaweed and tons of jelly fish not to mention the less than 2' vis. finally was able to locate the wreck after taking some headings but the wreck had changed significantly in the 24 hrs. i was away. thurs there was @ 4-5' of structure sticking out of the sand but friday there was less than 2' sticking out and this section was only @ 10' in length. the only thing we saw were 2 quickly fleeing flounder and 1 extremely agitated blue crab. i felt bad for having talked my friend into driving 3 hours for what turned out to be a very poor 1st salt water experience for him. i told him i couldn't believe how much the conditions & structure could change overnight especially with the weather being so pleasant that day & the day before. he said he would stick to the lakes and rivers around town because even though the vis. usually sucks there is very little that would sting, pinch, or bite you. anyway, i still enjoyed my time down because any time diving is better than being topside. can't wait to get back when i can drop in on it without being thrown around like a rag doll. maybe i'll even be able to talk Woodrow into trying it again. i'm sure can get him back in the county since i left him with 2 beautiful local ladies. hope to be back soon and maybe i can run into some you local divers for a shore dive or maybe we can talk my cousin into breaking away from work long enough to make a run off shore for some spear fishing. hasta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom