Back from Bonaire! WOW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smack,

If you haven't checked BT lately, Gibi's is closing, but is offering to still do BT dinners on Tuesday night at his home. From what I understand he has the space and equipment to do so. Every one is up for it so I hope to see you there soon. Ed is currently in Bonaire (he left today). He is building a 12'x12' palm frond roof shade cover for the BBQ area. He is also working on our house, repairs, upgrades, etc. We got a great airfare from priceline and couldn't pass it up. Hope to see you soon!

Liz

Herman,
The hats are Barbara's and were sent to my buddy so we could show them off on Bonaire. They had many appearences and one missed a near-theft when our truck was rummaged through. They are now on the way back to her for the next trip.

Tried to edit again. Feedback is welcome.

Jetwrench:
Herman,
The hats are Barbara's and were sent to my buddy so we could show them off on Bonaire. They had many appearences and one missed a near-theft when our truck was rummaged through. They are now on the way back to her for the next trip.

I am planning a trip to Bonaire leaving one month from now. I'm bringing a lady-friend and she's a non-diver. I've recently heard a bunch of warnings about crime and theft on the island, one diver told me not to go. Is there any truth to this? Are there thugs around? Would my non-diver friend not have much fun because of being worried about being harassed or worse while she's enjoying the sun while I'm diving?

Jetwrench:
Tried to edit again. Feedback is welcome.

Still looks very green. How about something more like this?

funkyspelunker:
I am planning a trip to Bonaire leaving one month from now. I'm bringing a lady-friend and she's a non-diver. I've recently heard a bunch of warnings about crime and theft on the island, one diver told me not to go. Is there any truth to this? Are there thugs around? Would my non-diver friend not have much fun because of being worried about being harassed or worse while she's enjoying the sun while I'm diving?

We went to Bonaire in August and did not see or experience any crime. I also read a lot of warning about crime but didn't even hear of any while we were there. Our dive shop owner was with us and he has been to Bonaire 4 times and never had a problem with crime. We also had people with us that didn't dive all the time and they didn't have any problems. I would say go to Bonaire!!!!! It was our first diving trip and it was incredible! We will definitely be returning to Bonaire in the future.

mandrake:
Still looks very green. How about something more like this?
Now I know I can't edit pictures to save my life. I see very, very little difference between the two pics, and no color difference at all. I guess I'll just stick to my best judgement and let the rest of you fine tune them. Mandrake, I much appreciate your efforts. I only wish I could see them for myself.

Dear Funky,
I won't BS you. Theft can be an issue. But if you follow some simple rules it will become a non-issue and you will be able to enjoy the great diving Bonaire has to offer. Your non-diver friend will not be harrassed by the locals and in fact may catch the Bonaire bug that affects so many of us. That one diver that said don't go will miss out on what is some of the best diving you will ever know. I say "Go to Bonaire and enjoy!".
Feel free to pm me and I will answer your conscerns with more detail

Yeah, I'm thinking if I do rent a truck there I'm gonna tell them to take of the spare right there at the rental place and keep it. Sheesh, did you guys see the photo of that tourist who was beaten and robbed there last month? I guess they caught the guys who did it. That stuff happens in my city all the time, but then again my city isn't a small little island, and I'm not expecting a holiday when I go out every day either!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom