Back from 'Boardin' Baby!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Soooooo I got back from my yearly trip to the slopes last week. Only my 3rd trip...but this time i took some lessons before I left. Oh my god how much better was I?! I only took three lessons altogether before I left(on dry slopes)and the difference was unreal. Linking turns without a problem, a little off piste, hell i even hit a couple of 180's off a small kicker that we made...ok so I didn't land them but i nearly did !! The confidence I got was fantastic- just enough to help me, and not too much to make me do anything stupid!

So what am i saying? Don't underestimate lessons boys and girls! I'm living proof that they rock!!

Woohooooo!!!!

SF

Sounds like you had fun. Get ready to pull out some photos of a dry ski slope as the Yanks dont know what that is - as found in many previous threads on skiing.

Well i went skiing up in PA last month - first time in 9 years (week in Andorra and plenty of dry slope time), but somehow i managed to pick right back up, actually went from moderate turning to something closer to parallel stuff all the time, long sweeping turns and short skipping around (dont know the technical terms) and this all either at night or on ice - was a learning experience :wink:

Might go for lessons next time though, although i did read a good book on self teaching and thought things through in my head before i went on this trip.

Ah yes, I should get a few pics from the dry slopes! very unforgiving- especially if you fall and have no bum pad!!

ScubaFreak:
Ah yes, I should get a few pics from the dry slopes! very unforgiving- especially if you fall and have no bum pad!!
I did it in jeans - is that enough padding??? No thought not... At least you dont get wet when you fall down - unless its been raining on the dry slope :wink: So where did you go?

simbrooks:
I did it in jeans - is that enough padding??? No thought not... At least you dont get wet when you fall down - unless its been raining on the dry slope :wink: So where did you go?

Jeans?! Eek!!

The dryslopes in dublin have a constant mist spray....so if you fall- unless yout got snow trousers on- you ger real wet!! :11:

Went to Astun, its in Spain right on the France spain border in the Pyrenees!! What a great week!

Spent some time on my knees and my rear- as the photos prove :D

wow...they ever hear of grooming the slopes in europe?

glad to hear it, most of my stuff is off piste..i'll post some pics of a few verticl drop ins we've done tonight when i get home..

i just shuddered at the tought of people learning if those were the groomed slopes!!

mossym:
glad to hear it, most of my stuff is off piste..i'll post some pics of a few verticl drop ins we've done tonight when i get home..

i just shuddered at the tought of people learning if those were the groomed slopes!!

lol- yeah...bumpy bumpy...heeheehee :D

Went snowboarding once, Most painful experience of my life :11: (believe me I know pain) I just couldn't get the hang of it.

ScubaFreak your package is in the mail, but the Post Office didn't know when it would get to you. :D

Back
Top Bottom