Back from Bali, Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm back from Bali and will post some of the photos in the Scubaboard gallery shortly.
I was told that only in Tulamben do the Balinese women carry dive gear for you in this manner.
38.jpg

I need a tylenol !!!!!!
Welcome back.

WOW:11:! That's 2 tanks on her head plus the BC's and Reg's and possibly weights if they're integrated!
I've seen pics of women carrying dive gear before like that, but with her slight build it really does seem unbelievable...
Now can we see the pics pretty please? :D

jepuskar:
Give that lady a couple of steel 130's, a SS BP/W, and some accessories on her arms and lets see what she can do.... :)

You guys don't have your own dive sherpa? You've got to travel more...i don't leave home without mine...

Another downside of the BP/W...you would have to give a much larger tip! :11ztongue

Zeeman:
:shocked:

NO WAY!!!

Z..

Way...

Ah brings back memories of doing my 1st open water dive at Tulamben. I also sat there jaw wide open as these tiny Balinese women taking our gear down to the beach on their head. :shocked: Well they do say that is one of the most efficient ways of carrying heavy loads...

Gilligan: Any Mola Mola sightings around Bali lately?

WOW Jim, looks like you got a lot of nice pictures! Looking forward to your trip report.
In your third gallery, where you circled the sea horse - is that green thing to the left something too? I swear I can see an eye...

justleesa:
WOW Jim, looks like you got a lot of nice pictures! Looking forward to your trip report.
In your third gallery, where you circled the sea horse - is that green thing to the left something too? I swear I can see an eye...

Thanks Lisa. I'm not sure if that is another creature. There were so many strange creatures there.

Back
Top Bottom