back from a trip to Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rabu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just arrived back from an amazing stay at Daniela Village in dahab, which btw has an awsome housereef.
I just wanted to share some coral views from a few of the dahab diving spots (blue hole, canyon coral garden, gabr el bint, golden blocks)
maybe later this week if I find the time I'll post some animal pics

blue hole .jpg
blue hole.jpg
coral garden.jpg
gabr el bint .jpg
gabr el bint.jpg
golden blocks.jpg

Great pics,
Through which dive club did you dive? did you order something in advance or just landed there?

BTW, i think that if you'll boost the red channel the pics will be even more amazing.

thx for the tip, altho it seems that the colors on the pics in this thread are way down compared to the original files and the quality too ??

for the dive club it was at the hotel itself, Daniela Diving it's named. It was a last minute decision to go to Egypt, one week before leaving so it was an all in package with ten dives prepaid. And i must say it was amazingly well organized, we had nothing to take care off except to eat, dive, relax, dive again and sleep :wink: oh and no drunk Russians either :)

JPG compression will reduce the resolution, create artefacts, reduce detail and wash out colours. Its common for JPGs on a web page to look a lot worse than the original.

do you know how to bypass that compression? should i use tiff or something like that, because i've seen some nice posts with vivid colors and original pixel size.

Nope. JPG is the way forward for forums (or png i guess at a push). TIFF will be way way too big for anyone to display. Its something you just have to live with.

JPG comes in different resolutions and compression qualities. Of course higher resolution and less compression equal bigger size. Any professional image editing software should have the capability of saving JPG in different resolutions and compressions.

Last edited:
exactly, but the problem is that when i upload them i get that bad compression. eventho i upload them at 7,8MB they suddenly convert to 56KB in the forum ?? how can i set the settings for the compression on this forum?

Best just to leave it. Forums are not designed for full size and large image viewing at all. People are viewing these on slow connections, monthly limits, mobile connections and so on. Its just not practical or sensible to have them download massive files.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom