Back BC+ Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a low profile back bc that I can use with a steel 100 and strap on 13 pony. My genisis is a soft bc and is too unstable. Any suggestions? I was thinking about the aqualung balance.

The new Halcyon Pioneer integrated STA wing is VERY low profile, and as stable as you can get. Also allows for future growth as an added bonus!!!

Dave

I was going to check out the new "Deep Outdoors" BP Wings setup that has an optional Pony bottle attachment integrated into the front area of the harness. From what I have seen in some pictures it looks like the pony rests horizontally across the mid abdomen. If and when I dive with a pony I kind of like it where I can see it so that I can detach it and hand it off if needed. I tried slinging under my arm but I feel kind of off balance when I do that.

The other idea I had was to use the OMS BP. It has lots of holes on the side to attach a canister light in tight into the space between the wing and BP. Then maybe attach a pony the same way on the other side for balance. The long cold winter will give me time to experiment a little.

Hey Fred T! Are you out there? Does your BP have the multiple "holes" running down the edge of the BP that the OMS does?

Good Luck!

Mouth Breather once bubbled...

Hey Fred T! Are you out there? Does your BP have the multiple "holes" running down the edge of the BP that the OMS does?
Yes it does. Comes with plenty of attachment points.

try the BP/wing set-up. fit is snug and stable enough for my needs (tropical, open water), and still worked well when i took a class which required a deco bottle (i think it was a 19) though i did not have one of those canister lights to off-set the weight.

ps : i am a novice diver with ~ 70dives but i see the BP wings to be with me a long, long time. as aquamaniac says, it allows for future growth via wing swap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom