Back again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was supposed to get down on Wednesday, snowstorm in Philadelphia postponed that until Thursday.

Went out with Narcosis from West Palm on Friday, seas less than predicted, probably only 3-4. Vis was not great following big seas, about 20-30 feet, water temp 74 degrees, south current. Did Flower Gardens and north end of Breakers. Many lobster, would have been a good day to be hunter. Green and Spotted Morays, many out for a swim. All the usual reef fish.

Went out with Kevin and Underwater Explorers from Boynton this morning. Seas 3-4, water temp 76 degrees, visibility quite good 40-60 feet, north current. Did Black Condo and Lynn's. Four Loggerheads, seem to be coming back now. Couple of Nurse Sharks, lobster, eels, all the usual reef fish.

A good start to my week of diving, not sure what I'm doing tomorrow yet.

glad to see your enjoying the southeast florida winter...

glad to see your enjoying the southeast florida winter...

Sure beats Philadelphia winter, particularly the 2 March snowstorms.

Went out of Jupiter with JDC on Sunday. Seas were only 2-3, visibility was very good 60+ feet, water 76 degrees. Did Area 51 and Scarface/Capt Kurls. Had several Reef Sharks and several Loggerheads at Area 51. We had more turtles and several big Green Morays, some free swimming at Scarface. Of course, the usual reef fish.

Went out of Boynton Beach with Loggerhead this morning. Seas started off 2-3, built somewhat as the winds came up, a little rain. Visibility continued good, 60+ feet, water was 75 degrees. Did Black Condo outside to inside and Sharkies Ledge outside to Briney Breezes inside. Came down on a 8 foot Bull Shark on the 1st dive and had a Goliath grouper follow along for much of the dive, more interested in a small group of hunters than it was in me. Several Loggerheads on both dives, they really seem to be back. All the usual reef fish, some gorgeous schools of Spadefish, particularly the 2nd dive.

Looks like I will be going back out of Jupiter tomorrow

I was very lucky this visit and was able to get out all 7 days. The last 3 days were quite cool, morning temperatures in the low 50s, never warmer than the 60s, reasonably windy. It was great to have a good boat coat

Went out Tuesday with JDC, did Area 51 and Capt Mike's. Water was cool at 73 degrees. visibility was about 40 feet. A few Reef Sharks, a few nurse sharks, no turtles today, all the usual reef fish.

I went out with Loggerhead in Boynton on Wednesday. Did 007 and Castle Ledge. Water was 72-3 degrees, visibility was good, 60 feet. A few Loggerheads, Nurse Sharks, lots of lobster outside reef, lush reef fish.

The week ended with a bang with JDC. We did Lemon Drop 1st and had nonstop Lemon Shark action. I counted as many as 16 at one time. They stayed with us through the safety stop, nearly to the surface. They made many close passes, nothing abrupt or aggressive. Perhaps the best shark dive I've done. We did Bonnie's for the second dive, Small Reef Shark, several Nurse Sharks, Loggerheads, Green Morays, a big Black Grouper and a medium sized Goliath Grouper. A very good dive, hard to beat the opener though. Water was 73-4 degrees, visibility was about 60 feet.

Sorry I'm leaving today, the weekend is supposed to be fantastic. Fortunately, I'll be back in a couple weeks. Until then, good diving :)

This is more like it
upload_2018-3-16_9-24-2.png

What thermal protection did you wear?
I wore my 7mm with a 5/3mm hooded vest. The older I get, the more I dislike being cold. I was one of the few on the boat that was warm on several of the dives. I have a 3, a 5, and a 7mm full suit down here and wear them all every year. I frequently add my hooded vest and always have it with me. I used my boat coat on nearly every trip this week, mostly for the SI. I loaned out my extra jacket on several occasions to divers who were shivering. I'll switch to my 5mm when the water temps are reliably above 75 degrees

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom