Baani Adventurer & Maldives in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hentahz

Reaction score
Hi

I'm booked on the Baani Adventurer in September - has anybody been on this boat? I think the itinerary is around the North Male Atoll...?

It will be my first visit to the Maldives. Do I need to take malaria tablets, as I'll be on the liveaboard for the full two weeks?

Also, what are the chances of seeing the following:
- hammerhead sharks
- frogfish
- seahorses
- manta rays
- whale sharks (September?)
- bull sharks
- tiger sharks

Cheers!
Lisa

You'll have much better chance of seeing a whale shark and a fair number of mantas than the other things. The Maldives is more famous for the number of sharks (black tip, white tip) rather than the variety. Seahorses? Maybe. Frogfish? Better chance. Still worth going? Definitely.

Hi Lisa
I'll be on the Baani Explorer (boat from the same company) from sept.17th on for 2 weeks! Hope to see those whale sharks!

Do you have any idea if baani explorer and adventurer do the same routes? Assuming they say they always chose the best routes according to time, weather, etc and knowing that departure and arrivals are the same day...

Hi PLC

I've had a look on the website, and it says if you are on the liveaboard for two weeks, they will not do the same route on the second week.

I'm doing this independently, and have already booked my flight with Emirates.

Oh I can't wait.....!!! 2 weeks off work, and PLENTY of diving.....!! :D

Lis x

hentahz:
Hi PLC

I've had a look on the website, and it says if you are on the liveaboard for two weeks, they will not do the same route on the second week.

I'm doing this independently, and have already booked my flight with Emirates.

Oh I can't wait.....!!! 2 weeks off work, and PLENTY of diving.....!! :D

Lis x
Hi there I am on the Adventurer leaving on the 16th September - could we be on the same boat at the same time? Either way - I cant wait either and am up for whalesharks - would be beside myself with excitement if I spotted one!

Im only off for a week then taking 2 or three nights on an island to get my land legs back - oh happy days!

Daragh

The DM's I spoke w/ at Komandoo said whale sharks are pretty scarce in the north part of the Maldives. They said if thats what you really want to see you should go to the southern atolls. Manta's maybe, frogfish occasionally, sea horses unknown I didn't find any and was looking. Sharks, saw leopard and reef.

Hi Daragh

The post you're quoting is one year old :)

Hope you enjoy the Baani. If you need any info, feel free

!
Pedro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom