B2 swivel qualify for DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIR-Atlanta:
In other words - Atomic swivel regs use a non-standard fitting at the second stage, which is exactly what I said in my original reply. Why not just use a second stage with a standard fitting, and avoid the spacer nut altogether?

I do not agree.

If you want to use a "standard" hose fitting with any Atomic reg the spacer nut should be in place but is not required. This is part of the second stage assembly. However it is not required, it is the way it comes. Other regs have their own fitting assembly also made up of multiple parts that allow a "standard" hose to be attached. So there is nothing here to make noise about Atomic regs versus some other in terms of a "standard" fittings.

If you add the swivel you have to remove the spacer nut from the assembly. The removal of the spacer nut can be considered to be "non standard". But now if the swivel hose goes tits up and had to be replaced by a "standard" hose it can be as the spacer nut does absolutley nothing from a performance or functional point of view. I just did this on my regs.

So as been said the only non optimal part of the swivel hose is that you may be introducing an additional failure point.

Scared Silly:
I do not agree.

If you want to use a "standard" hose fitting with any Atomic reg the spacer nut should be in place but is not required. This is part of the second stage assembly. However it is not required, it is the way it comes. Other regs have their own fitting assembly also made up of multiple parts that allow a "standard" hose to be attached. So there is nothing here to make noise about Atomic regs versus some other in terms of a "standard" fittings.

If you add the swivel you have to remove the spacer nut from the assembly. The removal of the spacer nut can be considered to be "non standard". But now if the swivel hose goes tits up and had to be replaced by a "standard" hose it can be as the spacer nut does absolutley nothing from a performance or functional point of view. I just did this on my regs.

So as been said the only non optimal part of the swivel hose is that you may be introducing an additional failure point.

Thanks everbody for all the information. Looks like I will be removing the swivel or buying a new second stage.

Shellbackdiver1,

No need for a new 2nd stage just buy a standard 5' or 7' hose and the spacer nut from Atomic. You can then sell the swivel (which is atatched to the hose) and get your money back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom