Awesome tigershark photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Guys,

Greetings from sunny Sydney, how are you guys going ? :) . Just so you know this kind of started in the www.diveoz.com.au forums so I thought I would jump over and suggest 2 small corrections for Scubaroo...

1. There is no suggestion that Pascal was "setting up a shot of a small reef shark" when this happened. This was mentioned as a kind of "imagine if you lining up a shot of a reefie and this happened" type of deal...

2. There is no suggestion that Pascal is"apparently one guy who chases you down for it" with regards to the copyright. Myself (AnthonyC in the other forum) and others merely raised our concerns as we were wary of any potential copyright issues that might arise out of DavidM hosting it on his own site and telling us all where to find it on Webguys site (www.diveoz.com.au)

To Scuba Jim - we also heard it was a staged shot and have contacted Pascal directly to find out what we can. He does sell the image on postcards, posters etc.

FWIW the publisher of Australasian ScubaDiver, Michael Aw, writes in his editorial for that issue "For the record, he wasn't feeding the sharks"

If we find out how the shot happened I'll post here for you guys as well.

Anyway - gotta go, we have a night dive planned and I'm running late ! :wink:

Cheers

I am sure this shot was set up. I spoke to Pascal about it last year. They took quite a few days to lure a tiger in. I can't remmeber if the bait shark was alive or dead, but it was certainly used to entice the tiger shark in.

I have seen a larger version of the shot; it is in fact a landscape shot and has a lot more impact that way than as a portrait, with the sides cropped off. My only criticism is that the shot is actually slightly out of focus, which is a shame considering they had set up for the picture in the first place.

And as for Michael Aw's comment that they weren't feeding sharks. That is blatant bollox. If there is one place in the world where feeding sharks happens all the time it is French Polystyrene.

Back
Top Bottom