Awesome tigershark photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the scanned cover of a recent AustraliaAsia ScubaDiver magazine - unfortunately I do not know the photographer's name to credit him for his work. The photographer was using a CCR, and had just set up a photo of a small reef shark, when this tiger shark swooped in and made a meal of his "model". Taken at dawn at about 25m (80'). No idea of the photographer's name or equipment used :(

Wetsuit: $200
UW Camera: $1500
CCR: $6000
Having to pay to get your wetsuit drycleaned after taking the shot of a lifetime: Priceless!

[edit - image pulled for reservations about copyright]

WHAT an action photo! Thanks for posting that & remind me never to dive where Tiger Sharks live...

sapphire

Thanks for sharing this incredible pic with us. Luckily, the shark choose the "model" and not the photographer.
:D

OUCH!

Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

This shot was taken by in Rangiroa, French Polynesia.

It was set up specifically by the operators of Blue Dolphins Dive Centre in Rangiroa to photograph a tiger shark. The grey reef shark was killed (?) and attached to the reef in order to lure the tiger shark in.

So while it is indeed a spectacular shot, it is not that "natural"....

be VERY careful about copyright on that image....

Pascal (the man who took it) may not be too chuffed if he sees it out in the public domain without his permission! :wink:

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
be VERY careful about copyright on that image....

Pascal (the man who took it) may not be too chuffed if he sees it out in the public domain without his permission! :wink:
Yeah, just heard the same copyright warning at another forum, apparently this is one guy who chases you down for it. I'll pull it.

Here's the details of the photographer which I just found out:

BLUE DOLPHIN DIVING CENTER
P.O. Box 141- 98 775 Avatoru, RANGIROA
(Based out of Kia Ora Village Rangiroa Hotel)
Telephone- (689)96.03.01 / 96.03.84 ext. 392, Fax- (689) 96.03.01

website....Do I miss the name of the magazine :(

... is here: http://www.scubadivermag.com/. However it does not (yet) have the cover from the latest issue.

I didn't think the photograph worked on the cover. It doesn't have enough impact when surrounded by other magazines with more colourful images... from a distance, it looks like a load of grey nothing. It's an amazing shot, but I wouldn't have used it on the front of the mag.

Zept

Back
Top Bottom